Etudes à l'Institut Fourier, Grenoble.
Le Master de Maths de l'Université Grenoble-Alpes possède un parcours "Mathématiques Fondamentales", et l'Institut Fourier est un partnaire privilégié pour l'initiation à la recherche dans ce parcours.
En 2022-2023 le thème du parcours de M2 Mathématiques fondamentales est le suivant (visiter la page du Master pour plus d'informations)
Théorie de nombres et géométrie algébrique
Afin de faciliter ce parcours, nous indiquons les possibilités d'aides financières.
-- Il existe des bourses prédoctorales, principalement via le LabEx Persyval et l'IDEX de l'UGA. Chacune a ses modalités de candidature. Voyez ci-dessous les informations en anglais pour les candidatures à ces financement.
L'application aux bourses est indépendante de l'inscription aux masters.
Studying in Grenoble at the Fourier Institute
The Master of Mathematics and applications of the University Grenoble Alpes includes a track "Fundamental mathematcis" for which the Institut Fourier is a main parner for the formation to research.
The selected topic for 2022-23 Master-2 in Grenoble is the following (visit the page of the Master for more details)
Number Theory and Algebraic Geometry
Information for application are found in the page linked above. The application server is this one : Application for registration
In order to make the registration easier, we recall the financial possibilities for the students.
1 -- All students engaging in a research internship for their master thesis, in the Institut Fourier, receive about 550€/m for the five months of the intership (feb-june).
2 -- Some predoctoral scolarships exist, mainly through the LabEx Persyval, and the IdEx of the Univ. Grenoble Alpes. Each has its own application protocol, which we describe below.
(2-a) IDEX Univ Grenoble Alpes Master Scholarships.
The « Initiative d’excellence » (IDEX in short) Université Grenoble Alpes is welcoming applications for the Master Scholarship program. Applications to this program are open to foreign students who apply to the Masters' programmes offered in Grenoble. You can apply to these fellowships on the same page on which you apply to the master program : link.
Applicants can apply to:
- The first year of a Master (and thus are eligible for one or two years of funding)
- The second year of a Master (and thus are eligible for one year of funding).
- Students already in Grenoble are not eligible
- The selection of the candidates will mainly take into account their academic record and their material situation.
- For master 2, as the second semester is devoted to the final master thesis (funded internship) the amount of the scholarship is 5000 euros (containing the internship)
IMPORTANT : Applications for the Master Scholarship must be submitted at the same time as your application to the Master 2 of Math Fondamentale directely from this page (link).
List of documents to provide:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official list of courses and grades of the last two academic years
- Letter of motivation
Note: Applications can be made in French or in English
(2-b) Persyval-Lab Master Scholarships
The PERSYVAL Labex program has just launched its call for applications for its scholarship program for students applying to the second year Masters programs at Université de Grenoble related to mathematics, applied mathematics, informatics, signal processing and automatics. Applications will open on March 7th, 2022 and the deadline is May 23rd, 2022.
You may find here the official site. Before applying for a Persyval Scholarship, candidates need to apply to a master 2 at the University of Grenoble : UGA for SIGMA, MiSCIT, Math. Fonda., MISTRE, or Grenoble INP for MoSIG, MSIAM, CyberSecurity, ORCO, MARS. The E-candidat applicant number (UGA) or the FSA applicant number (Grenoble INP) is requested on the application for the Persyval-lab Scholarship.
- application procedure
- deadline: May 23rd, 2023
Documents required: motivation letter, curriculum vitae with transcripts, recommendation letters.
- eligibility criteria
- all students applying for M2 showing a strong interest for research and wanting to apply for a doctoral program within one of the labs associated with persyval-Lab (which includes Institut Fourier)
- language requirements: TOEFL >80 IBT
- Amount of the grant: 8000 € (including the internship)
- Eligible master's programs taught in English:
- M2 in Informatics at Grenoble (MoSIG)
- M2 in Industrial and Applied Mathematics (MSIAM)
- M2 in Cybersecurity (CySec)
- M2 in Operations Research, Combinatorics and Optimization (ORCO)
- Master in Systems, Control and Information Technologies (MiSCIT)
- Signal & Image processing Methods & Applications (SIGMA)
- Mathématiques Fondamentales
- Master Microéléctronique Intégration des Systèmes Temps Réels et Embarqués (MISTRE)
- Master TSI - Mobile, Autonomous and Robotic Systems (MARS)
Please note that the scholarship application and the master admission are 2 separate process.
Candidates will also be required to complete the master admissions process to be eligible for the scholarship.
(2-c) Crous Scholarships
Nevertheless, there are also other grants that are based on social criteria.
You can find them here:
Please apply as soon as possible (the deadline is quite soon).
(2-d) IF Scholarship
Renseignements auprès du responsable du M2R (Dietrich Häfner) Dietrich.Hafner at univ-grenoble-alpes.fr