Etudes à l'Institut Fourier en Master 2-Recherche (Mathématiques Fondamentales) (link), Grenoble.
Le Master de Maths de l'Université Grenoble-Alpes possède un parcours "Mathématiques Fondamentales", et l'Institut Fourier est un partnaire privilégié pour l'initiation à la recherche dans ce parcours.
En 2017-2018 le thème du parcours de M2 Maths-fonda est Théorie des nombres et géométrie.
Afin de faciliter ce parcours, nous indiquons les possibilités d'aides financières.
1 -- Tous les étudiants effectuant un stage à l'Institut Fourier d'une periode de 5 mois (periode standard dans ce parcours) recoivent une gratification de Fevrier à Juin, d'environ 550€/mois.
2 -- Il existe des bourses prédoctorales, principalement via le LabEx Persyval, l'IdEx de l'UGA. Chacune a ses modalités de candidature. Voyez ci-dessous les informations en anglais pour les candidatures à ces financement.
Studying in Master of Science "Fundamental Mathematics", 2nd year (link) in Grenoble in the Institut Fourier
The Master of Mathematics and applications of the University Grenoble Alpes includes a track "Fundamental mathematcis" for which the Institut Fourier is a main parner for the formation to research.
The selected topic for 2017-18 Master-2 in Grenoble is Number theory and geometry
Information for application are found in the page linked above. The application server is This one : Application for registration
In order to make the registration easier, we recall the financial possibilities for the students.
1 -- All students engaging in a research internship for their master thesis, in the Institut Fourier, receive about 550€/m for the five months of the intership (feb-june).
2 -- Some predoctoral scolarships exist, mainly through the LabEx Persyval, and the IdEx of the Univ. Grenoble Alpes. Each has its own application protocol, which we describe below.
2-a IDEX Univ Grenoble Alpes Master Scholarships.
The « Initiative d’excellence » (IDEX in short) Université Grenoble Alpes is welcoming applications for the Master Scholarship program. Applications to this program are open to foreign students who apply to the Masters' programmes offered in Grenoble.
Applicants can apply to:
- The first year of a Master (and thus are eligible for one or two years of funding)
- The second year of a Master (and thus are eligible for one year of funding).
- Students already in Grenoble are not eligible
- List of eligible Masters is provided on the submission platform
- The selection of the candidates will mainly take into account their academic record and their material situation.
- For master 2, as the second semester is devoted to the final master thesis (funded internship) the amount of the scholarship is 5000 euros
Applications for the Master Scholarship must be submitted online through the submission platform attention: You also have to submit your on-line application for the Master 2 program to be eligible. DO it ASAP, before applying for the scholarship.
List of documents to provide:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official list of courses and grades of the last two academic years
- Letter of motivation
Note: Applications can be made in French or in English
- First call: Submission deadline: April 21 / Notification of the results: early May
- Second call: Submission deadline: June 9 / Notification of the results: end of June
- Third call: Submission deadline: June 30 / Notification of the results: mid-July
2-b Persyval-Lab Master Scholarships
The PERSYVAL Labex program has just launched its call for applications for its scholarchip program for students applying to the second year Masters programs at Université de Grenoble related to mathematics, applied mathematics, informatics, signal processing and automatics.
- application procedure
- opening: March 8th, 2017
- deadline: May 22nd, 2017
- eligibility criteria
- all students applying for M2 showing a strong interest for research and wanting to apply for a doctoral program within one of the labs associated with persyval-Lab (which includes Instiut Fourier)
- language requirements: TOEFL >80 IBT
- Amount of the grant: 8000 € (containing the internship)
- Eligible master's programmes taught in English:
- M2 in Informatics at Grenoble (MoSIG)
- M2 in Industrial and Applied Mathematics (MSIAM)
- M2 in Cybersecurity (CySec)
- M2 in Operations Research, Combinatorics and Optimization (ORCO)
- M2 in Systems, Control and Information Technologies (MiSCIT)
Renseignements auprès du responsable du M2R (Andrea Pulita) email@example.com