Etudes à l'Institut Fourier, Grenoble.
Le Master de Maths de l'Université Grenoble-Alpes possède un parcours "Mathématiques Fondamentales", et l'Institut Fourier est un partnaire privilégié pour l'initiation à la recherche dans ce parcours.
En 2019-2020 le thème du parcours de M2 Mathématiques fondamentales est le suivant (visiter la page du Master pour plus d'informations)
Afin de faciliter ce parcours, nous indiquons les possibilités d'aides financières.
1 -- Tous les étudiants effectuant un stage à l'Institut Fourier d'une periode de 5 mois (periode standard dans ce parcours) recoivent une gratification de Fevrier à Juin, d'environ 550€/mois.
2 -- Il existe des bourses prédoctorales, principalement via le LabEx Persyval et l'IDEX de l'UGA, puis le CROUS et cette année l'Institut Fourier propose des bourses IF. Chacune a ses modalités de candidature. Voyez ci-dessous les informations en anglais pour les candidatures à ces financement.
L'application aux bourses est indépendante de l'inscription aux masters.
Studying in Grenoble at the Fourier Institute
The Master of Mathematics and applications of the University Grenoble Alpes includes a track "Fundamental mathematcis" for which the Institut Fourier is a main parner for the formation to research.
The selected topic for 2019-20 Master-2 in Grenoble is the following (visit the page of the Master for more details)
Information for application are found in the page linked above. The application server is this one : Application for registration
In order to make the registration easier, we recall the financial possibilities for the students.
1 -- All students engaging in a research internship for their master thesis, in the Institut Fourier, receive about 550€/m for the five months of the intership (feb-june).
2 -- Some predoctoral scolarships exist, mainly through the LabEx Persyval, and the IdEx of the Univ. Grenoble Alpes. There are also other grants based on different criteria such as CROUS. This year the Fourier institute offers a certain number of Master 2 grants called IF grants. Each has its own application protocol, which we describe below.
(2-a) IDEX Univ Grenoble Alpes Master Scholarships.
The « Initiative d’excellence » (IDEX in short) Université Grenoble Alpes is welcoming applications for the Master Scholarship program. Applications to this program are open to foreign students who apply to the Masters' programmes offered in Grenoble. Here is the webpage of the IDEX GRANTS with some informations.
Applicants can apply to:
- The first year of a Master (and thus are eligible for one or two years of funding)
- The second year of a Master (and thus are eligible for one year of funding).
- Students already in Grenoble are not eligible
- The selection of the candidates will mainly take into account their academic record and their material situation.
- For master 2, as the second semester is devoted to the final master thesis (funded internship) the amount of the scholarship is 5000 euros (containing the internship)
IMPORTANT : Applications for the Master Scholarship must be submitted at the same time as your application to the Master 2 of Math Fondamentale directely from this page (link).
List of documents to provide:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official list of courses and grades of the last two academic years
- Letter of motivation
Note: Applications can be made in French or in English
- First call: Submission deadline: March 28th / Notification of the results: early May (as a matter of facts, this is the principal deadline)
- Second call: Submission deadline: June 1st / Notification of the results: end of June
- Third call (if remaining grants): Submission deadline: June 15th / Notification of the results: mid-July
(2-b) Persyval-Lab Master Scholarships
The PERSYVAL Labex program has just launched its call for applications for its scholarship program for students applying to the second year Masters programs at Université de Grenoble related to mathematics, applied mathematics, informatics, signal processing and automatics. Applications will open at about March 6th, 2019 and the deadline is May 21st, 2019.
You may find here the official site. Before applying for a Persyval Scholarship, candidates need to apply to a master 2 at the University of Grenoble : UGA for SIGMA, MiSCIT, Math. Fonda., MISTRE, or Grenoble INPfor MoSIG, MSIAM, CyberSecurity, ORCO. The E-candidat applicant number (UGA) or the FSA applicant number (Grenoble INP) is requested on the application for the Persyval-lab Scholarship.
- application procedure
- deadline: May 21st, 2019
Documents required: motivation letter, curriculum vitae with transcripts, recommendation letters.
- eligibility criteria
- all students applying for M2 showing a strong interest for research and wanting to apply for a doctoral program within one of the labs associated with persyval-Lab (which includes Instiut Fourier)
- language requirements: TOEFL >80 IBT
- Amount of the grant: 8000 € (containing the internship)
- Eligible master's programmes taught in English:
- M2 in Informatics at Grenoble (MoSIG)
- M2 in Industrial and Applied Mathematics (MSIAM)
- M2 in Cybersecurity (CySec)
- M2 in Operations Research, Combinatorics and Optimization (ORCO)
- Master in Systems, Control and Information Technologies (MiSCIT)
- Signal & Image processing Methods & Applications (SIGMA)
- Mathématiques Fondamentales
- Master Microéléctronique Intégration des Systèmes Temps Réels et Embarqués (MISTRE)
Please note that grant application process is independent of applications for admissions. Candidates will also be required to complete the admissions process to be eligible.
(2-c) Crous Scholarships
Nevertheless, there are also other grants that are based on social criteria.
You can find them here:
Please apply as soon as possible (the deadline is quite soon).
(2-d) IF Scholarships
Renseignements auprès du responsable du M2R (Andrea Pulita) email@example.com