Gunnar Þór Magnússongunnar.magnusson[at]ujf-grenoble.fr
I finished my PhD in November 2012 at the Institut Fourier of Université de Grenoble. My thesis advisor was Jean-Pierre Demailly. I am interested in complex analytic geometry, slightly more precisely in Kähler geometry and deformation theory.
My thesis project was on compact Kähler manifolds with zero first real Chern class. The classical examples of such manifolds are complex tori, K3-surfaces, Calabi-Yau manifolds and Hyperkähler manifolds. My thesis is available here.
I have died (in the sense of Erdős) and no longer do math professionally. If you do, then good luck with that.
- "A natural hermitian metric associated with local universal families of compact Kahler manifolds with zero first Chern class." Comptes Rendus Mathematique, Vol. 350, 1-2, January 2012, pp. 63-66. [CR; arXiv]
- "Automorphisms and examples of compact non Kahler manifolds." Preprint. [arXiv]
- "The geometry of Kahler cones." Preprint, submitted to Compositio Mathematica. [arXiv]
Notes and talks
These are some talks I have given or notes I've written. They may or may not be useful to someone. These are informal expository notes only, even when no references are given they are heavily based on existing works.
- "An example of a non-closed holomorphic form." [pdf] A remark following a Pathologies exposé on non-closed p-forms in positive characteristic, February 2011.
- "Non-algebraic complex manifolds." [pdf] An exposé for the Pathologies work group in Grenoble, given in February 2011.
- "The absence of complex spheres." [pdf] A talk given at the KAUS conference in Gothenburg in Sweden in January 2011.
- "Introduction to complex analytic K3 surfaces." [pdf] Exposé for the K3 surface work group in Grenoble in October 2010.
- "Being Kähler." [pdf] A talk given at the University of Iceland in August 2010.
- "A geometric version of the Schwarz lemma." [pdf] A talk given at the KAUS conference in Umea in Sweden in February 2010.
- "GAGA." [pdf] Masters thesis, presented in June 2009.